Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fucking Blasphemy

Sorry. Really no other way to put it. I'm all for Guitar Hero and Rock Band introducing a new generation of music lovers to some great songs and legendary musical figures of the past. I'm all for technology (for the most part) being the mechanism that brings about such an education. But re-introduce the past, don't re-imagine it. I've played video games for enough years to truly appreciate unlockable characters, levels, and powers. Kurt Cobain singing Bon Jovi = bad enough. Kurt Cobain approximating Flavor Flav's "Yeah Boy!!!" in "Bring the Noise"? That's just downright ridiculous. Courtney Love, you selfish bitch, you have eclipsed Yoko Ono as the worst "rock and roll wife or ex-wife" ever. I understand providing a future for Frances Bean, but selling out her dead father? Unacceptable. The fact that Grohl and Noveselic most likely had to sign off on this too makes me scratch my head til it bleeds.


No comments: